19 February 2013

Cheese for dinner



An French skiing holiday is great for cheese lovers (like me). Of course we had fondue one night, but the highlight was Raclette. Wow. Really, I guess it is a bit odd to eat melted cheese with potatoes for dinner, but it is so good. To sit in Armelle's beautiful dining room, watching the snow tumbling down fast outside whilst keeping an eye on that hot, bubbling cheese, drinking some excellent local wine. I can think of worse ways to spend an evening.

After this meal I said I wasn't going to eat cheese for at least two weeks. That didn't last - a couple of days later I was making pasta with Gorgonzola...

2 comments:

  1. Haha that melting cheese looks pretty darn awesome. I don't think I could stomach all that cheese (but then again, I might end up like you, going back on my words a couple of days later...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raclette is so amazing! If you haven't tried it before, give it a go. They used to be a stall that sold it at Borough Market, not sure if it is there any more.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.