29 April 2012

Smoked Mackerel and New Potato Salad


New season potatoes are here! So exciting*. Yesterday I was lucky enough to be served this gorgeous lunch by my lovely husband. Think it is based on a Jamie Oliver recipe but adapted according to what we had in the fridge. It goes without saying that supermarket mackerel doesn't compare in any way to the amazing ones we get in Sweden. In general I am exceedingly homesick at the moment and the thought of eating this in Grundsund with the amazing ingredients we can get there isn't helping. I look forward to making it there this summer - perhaps using self caught home smoked fish! That would be quite something, and as I am the proud owner of both fishing equipment and a smoker it is not impossible. Watch this space.

New Potatoes
Smoked Mackerel
Fresh Spinach
Spring Onions
Chives
Horseradish
Lemon Zest and Juice
Greek Yoghurt
Sea Salt and Black Pepper

*The fact I get excited by potatoes probably makes me a super dork but so what. I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.