19 March 2012

South Bank Saturday


View of the South Bank from Waterloo Bridge.









On Saturday we got on the 26 bus and went to the South Bank. Every time I cross the river I still get an amazing feeling and the thought that this is London and I live here still makes me so excited after 11 years. There is something about the views you get from the bridges, with so many landmarks in view at the same time.

We had a nice coffee and carrot cake at Canteen, wandered around for a bit then walked back across the bridge. The funny looking boat on top of the Queen Elizabeth Hall is an art installation called A Room for London, and people can apply to get to stay the night there. Not surprisingly it has been so popular that it is fully booked, but what a fun idea - wish I had known about it sooner!

Stopped by at Somerset House to have a look at Out of Sync, an installation of 10,000 ceramic flowers by Fernando Casasempere. And on the way home I had to stop to take a picture of this glorious flowering magnolia tree. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.